1 kilo large prawns, shelled (but with heads intact) and deveined
¼ cup butter
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 whole head of medium size garlic, minced
2 red chillies, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
* 1 teaspoon Asian chilli-garlic paste (optional, but suggested)
salt (according to taste)
– Heat a saute pan or wok (if you have one) over medium heat and put in the butter, extra virgin olive oil and garlic.
– Saute garlic until aromatic and soft. Add chopped red chillies or dried red chilli flakes and Asian chilli-garlic paste (optional).
– Increase heat of the stove to high. Add prawns in the pan and toss into sauteing garlic and chillies.
– Cook prawns 4-5 minutes or until they are curled and turned orange.
(note: shrimps/prawns cook quickly, so a couple of seconds longer and they tend to instantly get overcooked.)
– Serve with rice or toasted and crusty garlic-rubbed baguette bread.